- Unique environment with a real opportunity to make a difference
- Nurse-led model of primary healthcare offering significant autonomy
- Full-Time, & Part-Time Positions Available (7 day rotating shifts, no nights)
As the registered nurse you will be responsible for:
- Develop and review patients mental health care plans, in consultation with the patient
- Closely monitor patients mental state and provide thorough mental health assessments and risk assessments in an outpatient setting
- Run an outpatient depot clinic
- Provide primary mental health discharge planning
- Receive new patients, who have been transferred, ensuing continuum of care
- Provide primary health care support to patients, throughout their stay at the correctional facility
- Offering patients varying therapeutic interventions, including building on their current strengths
- Working with patients through their hardships around coping skills in difficult circumstances, dealing with current stressors and interventions around varying grief and trauma
- Liaise with a multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide coordinated patient management
Located in the outer western suburbs of Melbourne.
- Registered General Nurse qualification with a post graduate Mental Health qualification, specialised degree or equivalent (we will accept applications with extensive mental health experience currently undertaking a post grad qualification in mental health)
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Recent mental health nursing experience
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 444 100.