- Current Opportunities for Short Term Placement, from 1 month tenure with accommodation supplied Or Permanent position either full time or part time available
- Friendly and support team
- State of the art facilities
As the Registered Midwife you will be responsible for:
- Providing midwifery care for women postnatally, in collaboration with the medical team and other health care professionals and independently
- Working professionally, safely and effectively, in accordance with the faciliy's policies and procedures
- Appropriately assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and contemporaneously documents midwifery and neonatal care
- Providing appropriate responses to all relevant emergency situations and takes responsibility for ensuring that all compulsory emergency training competencies have been completed
- Demonstrated ability to practice collaboratively and work effectively as part of multidisciplinary health care team
- Communicate effectively with patients, families/carers, staff and management
- Provide timely care to patients and to promote cultural diversity and awareness
- Ability to adopt workplace wellness principles ensuring mental and physical self-care
Located in the South West of Victoria.
- AHPRA registration as Registered Nurse & Midwife
- Current motor vehicle license
- Ability to work across all areas of midwifery including Antenatal , Birth Suite & Postnatal Care
- Minimum 12 months experience as a Midwife
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, written, verbal and ICT skills
- Embodies person centered care in practice skills that aline with AHPRA registration requirements & ANCI competencies
- Capacity to work in accordance with compliance requirements, PDH policies, procedures and direction for example OH&S, Risk Management and Quality Improvement
- Demonstrated currency of practice and continued professional development
- FSEP certification at a minimum of level 2 practitioner within past 12 months
- Neonatal Resuscitation competency within past 12 months
- Post Graduate qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Membership to Nursing or Midwifery professional organisation (desirable but not essential)
- Recency of practice (desirable but not essential)
- Proven experience using information and technology (desirable but not essential)
- Experience in the provision of clinical supervision to students and graduates (desirable but not essential)
- Approachable personality to enable to act as resource person for all learners and staff (desirable but not essential)
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at email@example.com or call us on 1300 444 100.