- Relocation support
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Friendly and supportive team
As the Registered Midwife you are responsible for:
- Is aware of their scope including the limitations and determination of appropriate and timely referral
- Maintains their own professional portfolio and commitment to learning and development through the use of evidence based practice and research
- Participates in Clinical Supervision and Unit review activities
- Develops strong professional links and partnerships with GP obstetricians/obstetricians and other midwives
- Complies with relevant documentation requirements for maternal and infant health care and other patient/client care activities
- Assesses, plans, provides and evaluates safe and effective midwifery care for both low risk and complex mothers and/or babies
- Demonstrates an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and work collaboratively with midwives and other health care providers
Located in the north west of Victoria.
- Current Registration and Authority to Practice as a Registered Midwife with the Nurses and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Works within the facility and the Midwifery Unit policies and guidelines
- Minimum 6months working as a Registered Midwife in Australia
- Complies with the relevant legislation, standards, code of practice and competencies consistent with the Midwife role
- Promotes safe and effective midwifery care
- Ensures midwifery practice is culturally relevant and safe
- Communicates information to facilitate appropriate decision making in a manner which protects privacy and confidentiality
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 444 100.