- Opportunity to shape learning
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Programs
As the Senior Nurse Educator you will:
- plan, develop and deliver nursing education courses/programs within the hospital
- coordinate and provide hands on educational support and clinical teaching/facilitation and orientation to all staff, graduate nurses & students
- provide expert clinical education and leadership, expert advice, guidance and support to all staff of the department
- promote a high standard of evidence based nursing care to all patients, through dissemination of current best practice knowledge
- supervise staff compliance to annual mandatory training and completion of eLearning components
- coordinate and assist with delivery of mandatory training including basic life support and manual handling training
- coordinate and oversee the undergraduate and post graduate student clinical placement program
- administer the student clinical placement management software
- lead the hospital critical care nurse education team in the coordination and delivery of the hospital advanced life support program
- work in liaison with local universities and accredited training providers to coordinate and oversee student clinical placements
- ensure the maintenance of clinical competency records within the hospital
- contribute to development and updating of policies and procedures
Located in the northern suburbs of Sydney.
- Current registration as a Nurse with AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Post Graduate nursing qualifications relevant to the clinical area (or equivalent)
- Advanced clinical competence and proven experience in clinical supervision
- Minimum of 4 years in area of education and training
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical placement requirements and experience working with undergraduate and post graduate students
- Effective presentation skills
- Advanced life support certification
- Able to influence nursing and hospital practice to achieve excellent clinical outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- Prior experience in the private healthcare system will be well regarded
- Passion for delivering quality patient-centred care
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 444 100.