- Unique environment with a real opportunity to make a difference
- Nurse-led model of primary healthcare offering significant autonomy
- Full-Time position - relocation assistance available
As the Registered Nurse you will be responsible for:
- Developing and reviewing patients mental health care plans, in consultation with the patient
- Closely monitoring patients mental state and providing thorough mental health assessments and risk assessments in an outpatient setting
- Providing primary mental health discharge planning
- Receiving new patients, who have been transferred, ensuing continuum of care
- Offering patients varying therapeutic interventions, including building on their current strengths
- Working with patients through their hardships around coping skills in difficult circumstances, dealing with current stressors and interventions around varying grief and trauma
- Liaising with a multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide coordinated patient management
Located in the outer western suburbs of Melbourne.
- Registered General Nurse qualification with a post graduate Mental Health qualification, specialised degree or equivalent (we will accept applications with extensive mental health experience currently undertaking a post grad qualification in mental health)
- At least 1 year’s post-qualification experience in Mental Health in Australia or equivalent, preferable in an acute/forensic setting
- Current AHPRA registration
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 444 100.