Privacy collection notice policy
NursingJobsAustralia.com is a nursing website operated by Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and medical recruitment.
Skilled Medical requires all employees, contractors, suppliers, and service providers to comply with Privacy laws.
In order to perform our functions and activities as an international medical recruitment, placement and services firm, Skilled Medical will need to collect personal information about you.
Personal information may range from sensitive information (e.g. relevant medical history or criminal history) to everyday information (e.g. address and phone number). We may collect the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information in connection with your possible work placements. We will only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions or activities as an international medical recruitment, placement and services firm.
We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination. We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage, if we have no present need for it.
Who Will be Collecting Your Personal and Sensitive Information
Your personal information will be collected by Skilled Medical for its own use as we require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
Your personal information will be held by, Skilled Medical, 27 Keele St, Collingwood, VIC 3066 Australia. Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members.
How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact us about your personal information you can call 1300 900 100 or email our Privacy Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Personal Information About You That We Collect From Others
We collect personal information about you from other people and organisations including referees, previous employers, government agencies, professional registration authorities, educational institutions, or financial institutions who may be in a position to provide us with information that we may use to assess your suitability to be placed in or continue in positions that you may be offered.
If we reasonably believe that your being in, or remaining in, a position might present a risk to your health and safety or to that of others for whose health or safety we are responsible, we may collect relevant personal information (including health information) that will allow us to manage that risk.
Legal Requirements for Personal Information
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history and evidence of your right to work and working with children checks) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying.
The following Australian laws requires or authorises our collection of personal information from you:
- Migration Act 1958 (C’th) and Migration Regulations 1994 (C’th)
There may be cases where our duties of care or contractual duties require us to obtain and disclose certain types of personal information relevant to specific jobs.
When requesting information of this type, we will tell you whether the supply of that information by you is mandatory or voluntary.
- If you do not give us all or part of the information we need;
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work; and
- We might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for particular positions.
Use of Your Personal Information
Your personal information will be used in connection with:
- Our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- The necessary validation (including from appropriate third-party sources) of your resume, CV, nominated references, stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities. Where we require third-party validation, we will tell you how we propose to obtain it;
- Your actual or possible work placement;
- Your post placement reviews;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our assessment of your ongoing prospects;
- Any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- Any reference that we may give concerning your work;
- Our statutory compliance obligations; and
- Direct marketing opportunities utilising email, phone, SMS and print material.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Hospitals, Health Services, GP Clinics referees;
- A person who seeks a reference about you;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our IT contractors, internet service suppliers and database designers, some of whom may be offshore;
- A parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information;
- National Criminal Record Check organisations; and
- Working with Children Check organisations.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Overseas Recipients
We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. The countries in which the overseas recipient to whom we are likely to disclose your personal information are likely to be located are as follows:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
We conduct transactions electronically, as well as in hard copy. It is important that you understand that there are risks associated with the use of electronic technologies and the use of the Internet and you should take all appropriate steps to protect your personal information. It might help you to look at The OAIC's Resource on Social Media, Information and Communications Technology and Identity Security.