- Hours are within Monday-Friday, on a permanent part-time basis of 24-30hrs a week
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Salary Packaging
As the Skin-to-Skin Midwife you will be responsible for:
- Care for women and their families undergoing elective and/or emergency caesarean sections
- Provide initial, immediate and appropriate care to the newborn post birth
- Provide emotional and psychological support to women and the families
- Provide evidence based care in relation to skin to skin and Breast feeding Support
- Assist in other areas of Maternity within your scope of practice
- Providing high standards of evidence-based care to women of varying ages and cultural groups
- Planning, assessing, implementing and evaluating midwifery care in collaboration with women, their families and the multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals and health outcomes
- Working with junior and undergraduate midwives and nurses to guide and support them in their development through the provision of midwifery and nursing care
- Working collaboratively with the wider healthcare team to support patient care needs
- Being passionate about delivering an exceptional patient experience for women and their families
- Having a commitment to continued service development, through the use of problem-solving skills to improve patient care outcomes.
Located in the northern suburbs of Sydney.
- Current Registration as a Midwife and/or Nurse with AHPRA
- Bachelor of Midwifery and/or Nursing or Graduate Diploma in Midwifery (if Bachelor of Nursing is first qualification) or equivalent
- Lactation Qualification or working towards
- Basic or Advanced Newborn Resuscitation skills
- Highly developed clinical nursing and/or midwifery skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to family-focused approach to care
- Minimum 6months working as a Registered Midwife in Australia
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at email@example.com or call us on 1300 444 100.